Flexible Soft LED Display
A Flexible LED display, or a soft LED display is a type of LED display screen that have huge flexibility and is bendable. The soft back shell enables better fit into different sites with different angles so as to have strong adaptability to various installation conditions.
It owns high protection capability such as high water and dust-proof ability, high-standard visual performances like high brightness and contrast ratio, and also unique flexibility to allow for building various creative LED displays!
What Is Flexible LED Display?
A flexible LED screen consists of LED pixels arranged on a pliable material such as rubber or PCB. It is insulated on both sides with a flexible transparent material to protect the LED circuit from damage. This structure makes flexible LED screens very resilient.
Due to its flexible features, it can be used to create different shapes. And the panels are connected with magnets along their border lines to create a seamless LED display.
Linsn Flexible LED Display Features
Thin and light design with flexible raw materials, soft LED display can form different shapes and bend to any angles. It won’t break LED lamp beads when used to achieve creative LED displays such as ball LED display, curved LED displays and magic cube LED displays.
1. Allow for complicated and creative display shapes to improve visual performance.
3. Excellent visual performance including better color uniformity, wide grayscale, and high contrast ratio.
4. Easy installation and maintenance, supporting magnet connection and dual services.
5. No metal frame, which reducing the weight of LED cabinet, thus saving storage room and transportation fee for customers.
6. Strict quality control and 72 hours aging test, professional aging workshop enabling stable working of every LED cabinet we deliver to you.
7. High-quality components including Epistar LEDs, NationStar LEDs, MBI5124 driving IC, and international-famous power supply, and so on. High refresh rate and stable running are all ensured.
8. Saving your budget. Up to 20 sq meters can be packed inside one flight case thanks to their lightweight design, so you can cut down on shipping costs as well as labor costs.
Moreover, as the durability and multi-functions of the LED display, they are more endurable than traditional displays so to save your maintenance cost and storage cost.
Why You Need Flexible LED Display Screen?
1. 3 In 1 SMD LED lamp beads, high brightness with wide viewing angles, and 16 bits wide grayscale allowing for all colors you want to display.
2. Driving IC MBI514 ensuring stable running, reducing power consumption, and support high refresh rate to offer better visual performance.
3. Allowing for various creative shapes such as curved LED displays, ball LED displays, cylindrical LED display and other special-shaped LED display.
4. High definition, close viewing distance, perfect for indoor LED display.
5. Eye-catching design available.
Because you can easily adjust the pixel pitch, brightness on these displays and shapes, creating great designs is easy. They give you great flexibility and allow you to experiment with different designs to see what works for you.
6. Saving your budgets
When used correctly, they offer an excellent return on investment by attracting potential customers to your business.
Our LED displays offer excellent quality images and videos at an affordable price, allowing you to boost profits by applying them to your business.
7. Easy installation and maintenance
Flexible LED display are very easy to install, which means you can set them up yourself. They come mounted on a solid base that allows them to occupy the space you want to work with.
The installation process is made easier with the bendable structure and easy-to-follow instructions.
Moreover, you can easily maintain the screen from module level, which makes the whole process can be done in short time.
What Can You Achieve By Flexible LED Modules?
(1) Curved LED Display
Curved LED screens can be used in conjunction with the modular LED screens to create the transition from a flat surface smoothly around a corner, thus no damages to the flatness and integrity of the surface, and can improve the adapotability of LED displays greatly.
(2) Cylindrical LED Display
This type of LED display screen is innovative and has outstanding advertising ability that can impress customers deeply. It can be designed as a sphere circle, barrel cuboids, squares and many more shapes.
(3) Flexible LED Curtain Screen
The flexible LED curtain display can make a large-area outdoor media facade, and the advantages can be high transparency, ultra-lightweight structure which doesn’t need heavy supports and high brightness.
(4) Ball LED Display
Typically, we can divide ball LED displays into two types: hemispheical LED screen and orthospherical LED display.
Indoor full-color spherical screen has a pixel pitch of 2mm (P2), 2.5mm (P2.5), 3mm (P3) and 4mm (P4), and that of outdoor full color can be >6mm (P6).
(5) Various Special Shaped LED Display
For instance, LED screens are designed as waves, irregular shape LED displays are designed as hexagons and five-pointed stars, etc.
These innovative kinds of screens put forward more requirements to the production techniques of manufacturers, and Linsn LED has adequate manufacturing experiences in creative LED display screens.
How to Repair Flexible LED Display Module?
Broken Lamp Beads on the Module
(1) Remove the gel around the LEDs with sharp tools such as a tweezer until the pins are clearly exposed.
(2) Use a tweezer to keep the lamp bead in place, and solder it with soldering iron at temperature around 40°C (too high temperature will damage the LED display) for less than 3 seconds.
(3) Install the right light beads on the PCB board (the long probe of LED lamp bead is the positive electrode, and the short one is the negative electrode. And the square hole on PCB board is for the positive electrode while the round hole is for the negative electrode).
(4) Melt down a little solder wire and touch it with the solder tip, then solder the LEDs and PCB board with the solder wire. Finally, seal the LED display with the same type of gel (PH=7).
a. Check the signal cable connection and reconnect, also check the power supply for the first module in the row.
b. Check whether the flat cable is working normal. If any problem, reconnect the cable.
c. Change a LED display module to see whether the color missing phenomenon disappears.
One row displaying color inconsistency
This problem may be caused by the failure of the pins of the driver IC that controls this row.
First, position the corresponding driver IC. You can find it through the circuit diagram, and replace it and drive it.
No displaying on a single LED module
a. Check whether the power supply contact is normal. For instance, whether the power plug is loose or not.
b. If there is wrong color displaying or color inconsistency but correct pictures, the problem may occur in signal input. Plug out the cable then plug in again, or replace the flat cable.
If the problem still exists after replacing the flat cable, check whether the interface of the PCB board is working properly.
How to Make Flexible LED Display?
Here are typically two ways to make flexible LED display – by flexible LED display module or LED display cabinet.
1. By LED display module
Let us know the basic tools we need to have for preparation:
Here we get the tools: LED cards, signal cables, LED display module and power supply.
Then, we need to connect these components by signal cables and power cables.
Five steps should be finished to install a LED display screen:
(1) Calculate the Size
Height = LED module height * numbers of LED modules in vertical
Width = LED module width * number of LED modules in horizontal
(2) Make the Frame
First, use rectangle tubes to make a square frame (can be customized according to your own situation).
After the large frame is finished, welding shorter rectangle tubes in the large frame.
Second, start welding the strip to fix the module. We need to measure the length of the strip according to the size of the module, the fixing bar is welded to the small frame.
After you finish welding the entire frame, use two angle steel hooks to fix the frame on the top of the wall.
(3) Assemble Power Supply, LED Control Card
First, we need to connect 5V power cables.
Use 2.5 square soft copper wire to string each row together, and finally, a set of 220V power wires are connected to the air switch terminal of the distribution cabinet.
Then use the fixing strip and the fixing plate (with screws) to fix the power supply on the frame.
After assembling of power supply, we need to install LED control cards.
After that, connecting LED Receiving Cards with Modules
Finally, Cover the edge with stainless steel
(4) Install LED Display Screen Modules
The sequence should be from the bottom to the top, and from the middle to the two sides.
It is highlighted that you should use the flat cables according to the drawing. Generally speaking, short flat cables can be used to connect LED modules, and flat cables on the top or on the bottom should be the longest.
For detailed steps about LED display configuration, please click to turn to this article: Novastar LED Configuration! We will give you step-by-step instructions and screenshots for each step for you.
2. By LED Display Cabinets
The process of this method is easier than by LED display modules as components have already been installed inside already.
Linsn LED Flexible LED Display Customer Case
Ceiling LED Display to Korea
The high flexibility enables the display can be suitable for different structures and rooms of the buildings, thus improving the compatibility of the display with any installation environment.
High-quality Visual Performances
Flat LED display surface, smooth splicing, high contrast ratio, high refresh rate, and adjustable high brightness level, all give Linsn flexible LED display excellent visual performance.
Frontal Services Available
Highly magnetic magnets, which support frontal services better. Save time and cost for installation and maintenance, and shorter the process of them largely. In only several seconds, you can achieve disassemble and assemble of flexible LED display module well.
Multiple Available Pixel Pitches
P1.25, P1.5625, P2, P2.5, P3, P4, and P5 pixel pitch are all available. Multiple choices support our flexible LED screen suitable for indoor and outdoor applications, and different viewing distances.
P2 Flexible LED Display Screen Customer Case
One of the main features of flexible LED display is that it can fit in different applications with the creative designs as the high potentials it owns make it can be suitable to more conditions.
This is a especially useful function to gather people’s attention in the modern environment where people is overwhelming with huge information.
360° emcompassing LED display screen
As you can see from the video, our flexible LED display can be bend 360°, and forming different shapes of displays such as cylinder LED display, curved LED display and cube LED display.
Giant LED display Avaliable
LED display screen allows highly customization, therefore, it is not limited to some sizes or specifications like LCD displays.
Linsn LED provides customers from worldwide with high-quality and high cost-effective flexible LED displays, and also all-around services for you to achieve your successful LED display projects! We offer a 3-years warranty and 5% free spare parts for you, and also free sample activity! For any more information, just contact us or join our free sample activity.