LED rental display can be a great option for you to impact your customers and audiences with comparative low cost and high efficiency, improving your profits and brand image. However, you may not know exactly what the functions and features of LED rental displays and don’t know when they will be your best choice.
This article will provide you a comprehensive guide about rental LED display including the features, methodology for judging whether you need this LED product and choosing the right one for your business and so on. This article aims to answer you the potential questions in an one-stop way and we believe you can benefit from it.
1.LED Rental Display Defined
Let us begin with the definition of LED rental display. You may want to know the differences between a “fixed LED display” and a “LED rental display”, and you can just see the obvious points from the two words “fixed” and “rental”. As you may know, fixed LED displays are usually installed in a place and not be moved for long time while LED rental displays can be moved after your projects finished – maybe a commercial event, a benefit concert, etc.
The advantages of rental LED display module are the easy installation, simple and fast disassembly and comparative lighter weight which can facilitate transportation, and match the customized height and width of the whole LED display wall.
The term “LED screen rental” typically refers to renting displays that are much larger than any device for personal consumption to meet the requirements of mass viewing by large numbers of people. A more accurate term for these giant displays is “LED video wall”, which links together many individual LED display modules to form one large display.
1.1 LED Display Versus LED Display Wall
LED displays are used to make LED display walls, meaning we can create a massive LED screen in different sizes or shapes by connecting LED display modules to fulfill seamless image. Besides, LED display wall typically requires special hardware and software work together to ensure the modules can work as one. Thus, one of the most prominent features of LED rental display is the outstanding customization capabilities.
1.2 Types of LED Displays
The common points of fixed LED screen and rental LED screen deserve to be highlighted. We can divide whatever fixed and rental LED display screens into two types: outdoor and indoor. And you can choose the right one regarding their properties.
Outdoor – Outdoor LED screen has the function of preventing rain, sunlight, dust, lightning and is temperature resistance. Outdoor screens shine brighter and are more durable than indoor screen. They also tend to have a lower pixel density and be designed for farther away viewing distances.
Indoor – Indoor LED display module is typically modular and has higher resolution and usually owns fine pixel pitch to meet the requirements of close viewing distance. It do not need to shine as bright as outdoor screen and do not need to be as durable as it because of the installation site.
What is more, there is a kind of LED display whose properties are between the above two. It is usually installed in the eaves, open hall, outdoor canopy and so on. Although performs the same high brightness as outdoor LED screens, it doesn’t withstand rain, wind, sand, etc.
2.Determining Whether LED Rental Display Is Suitable for You
Now, you have known the definition of an LED rental display. This chapter will tell you how to judge if you need rental LED displays and how to choose the right one to benefit your business.
2.1 Benefits of LED Rental Display
1) Ability to engage your audiences and impact them with the information you want to deliver;
2) Ability to generate revenues from sponsors;
3) The flexibility allows different sizes without having to buy additional materials to adopt the screens to space of the events;
4) Easy installation and transportation;
You have 3 main options for your events, they are rental LED screen, rental projection screen and rental TV/monitor. Now let’s discuss how you choose from the three audiovisual equipment.
2.2 Factors You May Consider
1) The events are happening day or night, and indoor or outdoor? If it will be held at night and at an indoor site, you can choose a rental projection screen. However, if any of the attendees is between the projection screen and the projector, the image will be projected on his body and will result in shadows on the screen. So, consider this factor before you choose it.
2) Whether you need your screens to withstand rain, sand and other elements.
3) Whether there are needs for mass simultaneous viewing and high quality images even at daytime.
If your answers are yes for these two questions, then the best choice for you is the LED rental display as it can deliver high refresh rate, high brightness and great contrast color while can resist the natural elements at the same time.
2.3 Technical Specifications Involved When Choosing LED Products
Moreover, you need to understand the technical specifications to choose suitable screens depending on your needs.
1) Pixel Pitch – Pixel pitch is the distance between two pixels in millimeters and a measure of pixel density. It can determine the clarity and resolution of your LED screen modules and the minimum viewing distances. Generally speaking, an indoor rental LED display should own smaller pixel pitch than an outdoor rental LED display.
2) Resolution – The number of pixels in a display determines the resolution, written as (pixel width) x (pixel height)p. For example, a screen that has a resolution of 1920x1080p is 1,920 pixels wide by 1,080 pixels high. The high resolution means high image quality and closer viewing distances.
3) Brightness – The units of measurement is nits. Outdoor LED panels need higher brightness at least 4,500 nits to shine under sunlight, while indoor video walls only need brightness between 1,000 and 3,000 nits.
4) IP Rating – IP rating is the measurement of resistance to rain, dust and other natural elements. Outdoor LED screens require at least an IP65 (the first number is the protection level of preventing solid objects and the second is for liquids) rating to run stable in different weather and IP68 for some areas with accumulated rainfall, whereas that of indoor LED screens can be less strict. For instance, you can accept IP63 rating for your indoor rental LED screen.
After the judgement, how to rental your LED display panels?
2.4 How to Rental
1) Plan and Contact
First, you need to consider whether you need to rent a LED display screen and where is the installation site. That means, you need to figure out some basic information, for example, how many people will be there at your events, what is the viewing distance, etc. Then you can begin the search process for potential providers. For example, you can search the company name to enter the official website. Usually, there are special service staff waiting for you and will give you the corresponding information depending on your demand.
2) Contract and Prepare
Once you accept the quote, you can turn to the next step. LED providers often require a down payment as the credit, and the percentages can be different depending on regulations of different companies. If you cancel the contract in midway, the down payment may be non-refundable.
Then your providers will offer you a set of medium-sale services such as helping you deal with problems in logistics. Besides, a “run of show” (a document detailing what content to play) usually will be required before your events.
Before your events day, you will need at least 1 LED technician arrive onsite to operate the rental LED display screens or troubleshoot any potential problems. Once the event is completed, your technicians will tear down the equipment. You can give feedback to the sales staff or they may ask for a review of their services.
2.5 Tips for Renting and Using Rental LED Display
1) Choose the right provider
When choosing your rental LED displays, keep these tips in mind about how to choose a reliable provider. First, choose a company that enjoys good reputation by checking the reviews and feedback. You can also ask for special application cases of their previous clients.
Second, the lowest price shouldn’t be your best option but the quality and services. As we all know, LED displays are not consumer electronics so that durable quality is vital as well as services because of operation often needs instructions from professional technicians.
2) Book In Advanced
Sometimes there will be out of stock and book in advance can ensure the screens are available for your event. So if you have the plan, then implement it as early as possible.
3) Get the Aspect Ratio Right
When making content for rental LED video walls, please be careful of the aspect ratio. For instance, if your video wall is 960×540 16:9, then you can also make display files at 1280×720, 1920×1080, etc. Higher file resolution will not lead to clearer image quality, hence you should choose the appropriate one.
4) Keep Content Brief and Clear
Compared with content that contains many long sentences, people will prefer short and thematic content. Minimal, big, and bold text with precise description can be more friendly for your customers.
5) Use Contrast
Utilizing contrasting colors and brightness between the foreground and background can impact your audiences especially when the viewing distance is long.
2.6 Pricing of Rental LED Display
Now, allow us to provide you some insights regarding of pricing of rental LED screens.
Depending on your specific application, there are LED displays with the most appropriate resolutions. The pixel pitch, viewing distance, using time, application site all needed to be considered when choosing the right resolution. And the higher resolution sometimes means the higher cost comparatively.
2) Outdoor Or Indoor
Generally, indoor rental LED displays are cheaper than outdoor rental LED displays because of many factors. For example, the outdoor LED displays need to be more durable and brighter, whereas the other one may not require that much.
The complexity of the installation project will reflect on the price. Sometimes, a trussing system must be built to support an in-depth screen. Besides, the labor cost is also a concern. More complex the installation and more intense the timeframe, the labor resources will be more expensive.
4) Using Time
The price will go up as time goes by, with the first day being the most expensive, and consecutive days costing will be around 20% of that of the first day.
3.Typical Application Scenarios
1) Stage Performances
As we all know, the market for stage rental LED display has huge potential as the countless concerts, opening ceremonies and variety show all over the world. Its brilliant brightness and high color contrast bring rich resources for audiences to immerse in the performances and the colorful screens with flexible switching pictures create a powerful visual impact and artistic appeal. All these leave the rental LED display as an indispensable role of the stage performances.
2) Auto Show
With the prosperity and continuous development of the auto market, auto shows have been a common fashion for manufacturers to present their competitiveness. Nowadays, the competition for auto shows is not just between cars but also the LED displays. An appropriate and powerful LED display onsite can directly deliver the ideas of product design, features and technologies inside of cars, perfectly interpret the details from various aspects of showpieces. That can bring customers a more comprehensive understanding of the product advantages and design philosophy.
Hotel rental LED displays now is a new trend of LED display business as more and more companies choose to hold annual meetings, product launches and will returns in hotels. Most of them tend to give priority to the one with LED displays, and the demand for renting LED display boards rises. So far, the demand has become even more exuberant, and rental LED display is gaining more attention of investors.
4) Television Broadcast
As one of the most rapidly developing industries in information technology fields, numerous digital processing applications have become outstanding features of this field. Hence the demand for indoor rental LED display used in TV studios and TV broadcasts is increasing all the time. It provides a variety of vivid and dazzling background images and more interactive and dynamic programs.
The wedding can be one of the most important moments for people and various audiovisual media are beneficial tools to heighten the atmosphere. Therefore, rental LED screen plays a vital role since the projector may cause images projected on audiences’ bodies then affect the atmosphere and rental TV is often not large enough.
6) Sports Events & Races
If you want your audiences can watch the races from all angles or have a clearer impression about what is happening on the playing fields, setting up rental LED display screens can be your ideal choice. Sometimes, the events may be kept out, and the cameras can capture the moments then emit them to the screens. Furthermore, as sports events are mostly held outdoor which may encounter unstable environments such as rain and sand, and have need of simultaneous viewing and long view distance, LED display screen can meet the multiple requirements.
7) Club/DJ Events
Whether there is a big party or a debut of a band at a club, rental LED displays can deliver valuable atmosphere and information since it is a media that integrate sound and image. For DJ events, sometimes called electroacoustic music festival, an extremely enthusiastic atmosphere can be a judgment of whether it is successful, thus LED display screen can be vital as the ability to immerse the audiences in.
The content can be various such as sponsored videos, games, camera feeds, safety alerts, directional signage, advertisements, etc. Almost everything you want to display can be presented by a rental LED wall.
The development of rental LED displays can be traced back to more than ten years ago. In 2020, as the shock of COVID-19, the economy has been hit, and revenues shrink worldwide. Thus, rental LED display can be a substitute for customers to save budgets instead of buying the whole set of equipment and can encourage the orders increase. With the recovery of the global market, there will be several trends for rental LED display screen.
1) Fine pixel pitch LED rental screens will occupy more market shares. With the higher demand of high-quality images, more customers will choose the LED screens which can provide close viewing distance and delicate pictures. Though the technical requirements might be higher, the price is still possible to decrease with popularization.
Moreover, according to the proposals published by the government of China to the domestic LED screen industry, in 2022, the 4K ecological industrial system will be progressive, and breakthroughs will be achieved in the key technologies of 8K, bringing more competitiveness for LED display modules exported from China.
2) Rental LED screens should be compatible with more sites and environments. Nowadays, rental LED display is mainly used in stadium, stages, conferences, wedding, parks and other places. The trend is that the applications can be more extensive, such as smart cities, smart factories, etc. That means, LED screens will be a strong tool to connect people and their surrounding environments with more strict and precise requirements being put forward to manufactures.
3) Thinner and lighter cabinets will be produced. Though many rental LED displays are made of magnesium alloy that are lighter and thinner than screens made of other materials, there is still room for them to improve in structure, raw materials and installation way. It is believed that with the maturity of LED technologies, more lightweight products will appear with high definition images and updated structure.
4) Patent protection will be a key issue. Due to the fierce competition in the LEDs market, in order to obtain market orders and expand the scale, many suppliers are reluctant to spend money and energy on research and development. Thus, a number of display technology plagiarism events happened. To maintain technical competitive advantages, the patent protection will become the concerns of the whole industry.
5) More companies will pursue standardization to unify the different processes of production, sales and services. As there are hundreds of LED rental screen manufacturers and no unified standards for product quality, price, design and structure. The vicious competition on price has appeared, and the issues of plagiarism emerge one after another. Therefore, standardization will be a trend for tackling all these tough problems.
6) Market demand for special shape rental LED display will increase. For example, the creative structure of the stage rental screen can bring direct visual impact to audiences. Although the demand is increasing, there is still a blue ocean market for special shape LED displays, which means whoever can take the lead in developing this type of LED screen will be able to occupy more market share in the future.
5.Recommended Rental LED Display for You
For you to choose your satisfied and reliable rental LED screens quickly and easily, you can refer to the next products that recommended.
Linsn Magnesium Alloy 500mm Series LED Display
Linsn magnesium alloy LED display 500mm series own new aesthetic design, and it is thin and light with weight only 7.5kg per cabinet. It can support indoor and outdoor functions both and 3 year warranty and 5% spare part.
The perfect structures give this cabinet great heat dissipation and user-friendly features. For instance, it can be installed easily and support double maintenance service – you can disassemble the modules in 5 seconds so to save your time and labor. Furthermore, the capabilities of curved installation and wide viewing angle allow you the flexibility of installation locations. One of the most important, it can provide you with high resolution and high-quality images with a cost-effective price. For more information about the functional and cost-effective LED displays, you can refer to the product page: MA 500
LED rental display can be your strong helper to extend your business and market as its’ multiple functions including high-quality pictures, long viewing distance and simultaneous mass viewing, durability and flexibility. It can improve your revenues and enhance customer satisfaction. After reading this article, we believe you already have more insight into rental LED display screen now. It is time for you to practice them if you have any need for such an effective screen!