There are many potential reasons for the damages of waterproof outdoor LED display screen. For instance, water, dust, excessive heat, corrosion, lightning strike, static electricity and other factors. Therefore, it is necessary for people to take LED screen maintenance and service of outdoor LED display as a routine.
In this article, we will recommend you some most useful and highlighted points for you to notice.
8 Rules for Maintaining Waterproof Outdoor LED Display Screen
1. Conform the right sequence of start-up and shut-down.
If you want to start up outdoor LED display, you have to turn on the computer first, and then turn on the screen.
If you want to turn off the waterproof LED display, please reverse the process – turn off the screen firstly, and then the control computer.
Besides, the interval between switching on and off should be at least 1 minute.
And do not play in full white, red, green, blue, and other full-bright screens for a long time, as the LED screen will be at maximum power and result in the greatest impulse current to the entire power distribution system.
2. As outdoor LED digital sign board usually is exposed to a changeable environment, and there will be risks of sunlight, wind, dust, and moisture naturally. Thus, we need to clean the display routinely.
Here we list steps for you to follow:
(1) Blowing dust:
Blow the dust in the same direction such as left to right in a horizontal and even way. Then you can choose appropriate equipment such as a professional electronic brush to clean the dust or dirt on the surface of LED display module.
You can spray the cleaning agent on the surface or dampen the cloth but don’t sop it with too much liquid then clean the screen lightly.
(3) Removing dust again:
Use the brush to clean up the LED display module again. Please clean the brush before using it to avoid re-pollution.
(4) Cleaning the screen again:
Use a cleaning agent again to remove the dust left behind by the last step.
You can decide the concentration of the mixed liquor of water and cleaning solution depending on the residual dirt. Please keep the same direction when using it such as from top to bottom or from right to left.
(5) Air drying or blow-drying:
In an appropriate circumstance, you can dry the LED display in a natural way. When there is low temperature and high humidity, it is recommended to blow dry the screen.
Please choose the advisable air pressure of the air gun.
Spray or dip LED display repair agent on the surface.
For more useful knowledge about how to clean LED screens, just click the link! We provide other noticeable points and things you should not do during cleaning in this article.
3. The surrounding environment can not be too much moisture and try utmost effort to prevent water-entering of screen.
Besides, try to place the display at environment with less dust. In a word, choose an appropriate operating environment of LED screen.
4. The power supply should be stable, and ground protection should be well done.
If there is strong lighting and thunder, please turn off the screen as far as possible.
5. The rest time for a LED screen should at least reach 3-5 hours a day. Especially in plum rain season, LED display screen should be turned on at least more than 4 times a month.
What is more, please check the circuit termly, and check whether there are damages to the screen.
If there is any problem, fix it in time to prevent unnecessary loss.
6. The auxiliary equipment such as control computers should be placed in a room with small dust and an air conditioner to guarantee normal working and heat-dissipation of the computer.
7. Although the theoretical service life can reach 1,00,000 hours, LED display screen may happen deterioration of uniformity after running 5,000 to 10,000 hours, which will lead to lower business value.
As a result, the point-to-point collaboration of display is necessary at that time.
8. Appropriate storage and moisture-proof way:
(1) The temperature requirements of storage: -40℃≤t≤60℃; and after opening the package, the LED products shall be stored when temperature <30℃ and humidity <60%.
(2) If your LED display module is powered off for many days, a recommended method is to bring up the brightness from a low gray level which can heat the LED boards gradually. There are steps below:
Power-On Hours for Different Gray Levels
In this article, we recommend 8 rules for you to maintain your waterproof outdoor LED display screen. Follow them to improve the performance of your screen and prolong the service life! Hope this can help you, and have a good day.